Studio Portrait Photographer
Shipley, West Yorkshire
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a special candidate to join our fantastic team as a Family Portrait Photographer. We are a very well-established studio, who really care about our customers and as such we have built up a fantastic reputation for providing a truly excellent, memorable experience from start to finish.
We are an expanding company looking for someone who is looking to grow and develop their career in the Portrait Photography Industry.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE:-
We encourage all serious candidates to read this advert thoroughly and SEE OUR ESSENTIAL ‘HOW TO APPLY’ SECTION at the foot of this advert.
Hours of work
Full time hours (including weekends and some early evening work up to approx. 9 pm)
This studio-based position role is to photograph families of all ages from Grandparents to babies and often even the family pet! The aim is to give the customer an exceptional fun experience and an outstanding ‘high end’ customer service from start to finish; delivering quality of photography, product and aftercare in equal measure – as maintaining our reputation is paramount to us. This position also involves various sales elements such as conducting ‘viewing appointments’ – where you will personally showcase and sell the images from the shoots at our studio’s brand-new purpose-built viewing room and recommend frames / products to suit each customer’s home, style and budget.
When there are no appointments booked in the studio you will work closely with the rest of the team behind the scenes either helping with editing in Capture software / Adobe Photoshop, or quality checking and unpacking finished work back from our lab, or other miscellaneous activities e.g. helping with marketing events, maintaining the studio/equipment/painting etc. This role has loads of potential to develop and grow, with our expanding company for the right candidate. Extensive on the job training will be provided for the right candidate who shows the most potential and ticks the most boxes below.
Summary of the Ideal candidate
Ideally, we seek someone wanting to transfer from another Family or Portrait studio related job, who wants to grow and develop their career with a stable and growing team. (We are open to negotiating salary relative to significance of past relevant experience). We will also consider recent photography graduates – but only if they have demonstratable portrait-based portfolio examples, along with proven past customer service / sales skills in an actual workplace (e.g. part time jobs whilst in education).
Ideally you will already tick most of the key boxes below:-
• You will need to be very good with groups of people of all ages, from babies to grandparents & even family pets – who often play a starring part in many of our family shoots!
• Proven experience with kids especially will be a distinct advantage.
• Highly creative with a good technical understanding of studio flash, lighting techniques and flattering posing.
• Have a natural creative eye, along with an evident flair for composition, demonstrated in your portfolio.
• Good understanding and demonstrable professional skills with Adobe Photoshop
• Possess excellent Interpersonal / people skills with an infectious personality
• Be confident, able to command respect with groups of people.
• Be well presented and articulate.
• Must have the potential to be good at sales (with the right training provided by us).
• Must be hard-working, dedicated, and have determination, resilience, and self-motivation in abundance.
• Good level of fitness – as there is a lot of running around the studio in order to make kids laugh and get the best shots!
• Qualified to diploma or degree level, specialising in photography
• Previous experience in a portrait studio related job
• Previous face to face sales and customer service experience within a high value brand.
We will consider potential ability and transferable skills, for candidates who don’t meet all the above.
We would ideally like to start an Interviews early in 2022, so if you like the sound of us and could see yourself growing as part of a successful expanding company, then we would love to hear from you as soon as possible.
How to apply (*Please read carefully)
• Please send us a fully up to date CV that must show all grades from School (GSCE’s) and further / final education.
• Please send a bespoke covering letter to our job which specifically outlines the following: –
– Why our role specifically appeals to you.
– Why you believe that you are the candidate we are looking for.
– Please describe what applicable ‘actual work’ experience (so not university related) you have gained from past photography, sales and customer service roles and specifically tell us how you think that will benefit us.
Please send your application to the Studio Director by email to email@example.com
Good luck! – we look forward to hearing from you soon.
*We will only read and respond to fully completed application’s (as described above)