Freelance Contract (MATERNITY COVER) for approx. 15-18 Months (possibly leading to an employed position as an option) Based at our studio premises in Shipley.
The first 6 months to include training and over lap with our current production manager, with the further 9-12 months being maternity cover.
Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays (24 Hours per week).
This role will include some or all of the following areas of the business..
We are a very well-established quality Portrait photography studio, based in Shipley, near Bradford and Leeds. Our mission is to capture families throughout the various stages of their lives, celebrating their relationships with a style and finesse that will last the test of time as a quality piece of wall art, as a well as fantastic memory. We have built a fantastic reputation as a market leader and we now have a rare and exciting opportunity for a skilled freelance photoshop editor to join our growing team.
This role would suit…
The primary role is basic cutting down / editing of Raw images (In Capture Software) and then producing preview shows (In Adobe Photoshop) ready for customers to come and view with our photographers and viewing team.
If your photoshop skills are proficient enough there is also the possibility of also getting involved in the for production of the finished wall products, which are retouched and formatted relative to whichever frame , style or home décor the customer is selecting the finished wall art for.
In addition to the Photoshop/retouching tasks above, there may also be an opportunity for additional work in support of our photography team and for some candidates there is the possibility of a permanent employed role instead of freelance
IDEAL PAST EXPERIENCE WOULD INCLUDE SOME OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
· Past professional experience from editing / photo retouching / design related workplace.
· Good with colour balancing, editing skin tones, removing blemishes and compiling parts of different images together.
· Strong eye for detail
· Natural eye for composition, artistically placing images for maximum effect
· Proven skills in effective flattering editing of people
· Driven by high quality products and service levels
· Basic Capture editing software skills
· Skilled Adobe Photoshop 3years+ (Ideally PC based with a graphics tablet, but can be taught)
· Self-motivated, able to work well on own, as well as collaborating with others
· Strong IT skills and problem-solving mindset
· Receptive to ongoing guidance and feedback
· Organised and time effective
· The opportunity to be part of a well-respected growing team, within a fun, but highly professional family business – that treats both its customers and team with respect and personal touches.
· Excellent creative working environment in our purpose-built digital editing suite, within a beautiful characterful building.
· Regular work with stability.
· Potential opportunity to expand and grow the role / or combine with other areas of the business in the future.
For this particular role we require tangible past experience, using photoshop regularly, well over and above the typical experience gained just whilst in full time education. Candidates must be able to demonstrate significant photo editing skills.
To apply follow the instructions on the application form below…