Interested in joining our team? - then please see below for any current vacancies.
(Part or full time) 3-5 days per week (between Tues-Sat)
Equivalent to £16,715 – £20,750 per annum including ‘on target’ bonuses (based on 5 days per week), relative to current skill level and professional past experience.
We are a very well-established quality Portrait photography studio, based in Shipley, near Bradford and Leeds. Our mission is to capture families throughout the various stages of their lives, celebrating their relationships with a style and finesse that will last the test of time as a quality piece of wall art, as a well as fantastic memory. We have built a fantastic reputation as a market leader and we now have a rare and exciting opportunity for a skilled photoshop editor / digital artist, to join our growing close team.
The primary role is to be responsible for the production of the finished wall products from the point our photographers finish shooting the raw images until the customer comes to collect their finished wall art pieces. This involves everything from initially cutting down / basic editing of Raw images (In Capture) to intense much higher skilled artwork / retouching of larger wall pieces (In Adobe Photoshop) in line with our brand style and objectives. You will also liaise with customers and order all of our printing and framing from our suppliers and lab. You will be responsible for the quality checking of final products, checking deliveries and signing jobs off, before calling the customer to arrange to collect their finished orders.
In addition to the primary responsibilities above, as a key team member, you will also help with customer enquiries, both face to face and over the phone. You will also work closely with the photographers and the studio director, on both a creative and practical level wherever the business needs and your skills cross over. There will be lots of creative input in photographersmeetings, on product development, styles and trends and the ongoing selection and development of images for our marketing and regular renewed display purposes.
• Past professional experience from editing / photo retouching / design related workplace.
• Strong eye for detail
• Natural eye for composition, artistically placing images for maximum effect
• Proven skills in effective flattering editing of people
• Driven by high quality products and service levels
• Basic Capture editing software skills
• Skilled Adobe Photoshop 2years+ (Ideally PC based with a graphics tablet)
• Bubbly personality – ‘Can do’ attitude – always positive
• Self-motivated, able to work on own, as well as collaborating with others
• Strong IT skills and problem-solving mindset
• Receptive to ongoing guidance and feedback
• Organised and time effective
• The opportunity to be part of a well-respected growing team, within a fun, but highly professional family business - that treats both its customers and team with respect andpersonal touches.
• Training and ongoing development
• A chance to be creative and push boundaries with new ideas and trends
• Excellent team-based performance related bonuses
• Team social events / other bespoke perks
• Excellent creative working environment in a purpose-built digital suite, within a beautiful characterful building.
• Company pension scheme
• Potential opportunity to expand and grow the role / or combine with other areas of the business in the future.
We hope you tick the boxes! – this is a great opportunity to join a fantastic team for the right candidate . .
Send us your CV with a covering letter (telling us why you would be the ideal candidate for us and vice versa) along with examples of your photoshop work (before and after).
APPLICATIONS TO BE SUBMITTED BY 1st JULY LATEST – This is an Immediate vacancy so we may fill sooner to commence induction training for the perfect candidate.
Our criteria &selection process . . .
We will initially screen applications based upon meeting the criteria as set out within this advert and in how to apply above. Applications will be reviewed daily and shortlisted candidates will be called by telephone throughout the next few weeks for an initial chat. Interviews will then follow for the most likely contenders and a studio test or trial may follow. We anticipate this process will take a few weeks, so we are looking for someone to start between the beginning and the middle of July. The sooner the better so if your keen apply asap!
For this particular role we require tangible past working environment experience, using photoshop regularly, well over and above the typical experience gained whilst in full time education (Therefore recent graduates are unfortunately, unlikely to meet the criteria on this occasion - unless they have significant additional real work experience, in which case we may consider).
Please send your covering letter and C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org